Monday, April 9, 2007

Who Rules the House


Before I had kids, I had this idea that when my kids misbehaved, I would just take them by the shoulders, look them in the face, tell them what I expected them to do, and then sit back and watch while they happily complied. Ha! That is SO out the door.


Case in point: I had planned to go to the mall and walk with a friend, but the four-year-old queen of our home had other ideas for how to spend the morning. Like looking for her lost lipgloss ring, playing with her new Barbie pool, having her hair washed and styled... I didn't even think about putting my hands on her shoulders. It was no use. She is more powerful than me. Maybe it's because she can scream and wiggle more convincingly than me... and she doesn't require physical therapy after the fact. So here I fart. And fart. And fart. Who's in charge?


Carsyn.


Wonder what 16 is going to be like?

No comments: